Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I could be wrong...

The very first point I would like to make is that I could be wrong. I have my own opinions about elections and voting, abortion, God and religion, economics, business, international trade, technology and all the sorts of things that I hope you're interested in too. And I hope you enjoy exploring those opinions with me.

But first and foremost, I'm interested in discovering as much as I can about truth. Whatever my opinions may be today, I flatter myself as being rational enough to know I could be wrong. So I'm going try to do something that you might enjoy trying too. I'm going to try to explore the issues as though I was explaining them to someone from another planet, in language that is neutral, and makes no assumption about what that person may already know.

And I'm going to be open to being pursuaded by you that you may have a better way. If I'm sufficiently impressed by your reasoning, I just might change my mind. It's happened before.

No comments: